Martin has more than 10 years of consulting experience with Bain. He has worked across all of Bain's Nordic offices in addition to the firm's Shanghai and Hong Kong offices.
Martin has extensive experience advising clients in the financial services industry, with particular expertise in the small and midsize enterprise (SME) banking sector. He holds deep expertise in working with financial investors on diligence, value creation and fund strategy topics across the Nordics and EMEA.
As part of the Copenhagen leadership team, Martin has helped drive a focused effort on learning and sustainability of the Copenhagen consulting and support staff, including personal career plans and individual sponsorship of the team from partners and managers.
Martin holds an MSc in Econometrics & Finances from Copenhagen Business School.
- “Banks Start To Crack the Small Business Ecosystem,” Forbes.com, April 2018, Article
- “Small Business Ecosystems: Banks' Next Challenge,” Brief, March 2018
- “Martin Tornes: A Guide to Winning SME Banking Strategies,” Video, July 2016
- “How Banks Can Defend Their Weakened Franchise in Small Business Lending,” Forbes.com, April 2016, Article
- “Divide and Conquer: A Guide to Winning SME Banking Strategies,” Brief, March 2016